No one likes rules, - but we must have certain guidelines for members so that we can be seen as 'responsible' detectorists and part of a well organised club. By joining our club, our members agree to abide by these rules
Solent Metal Detecting Club Club Rules. 13th January 2017
1) The club shall be called 'Solent Metal Detecting Club’, hereinafter called 'the club'
2) The club shall be limited to 70 full members. ( Excluding honorary members )
3) A minimum of four committee members shall be required for a quorum. Changes to the rules may only be formulated and proposed by a minimum of a quorum of the committee and must be ratified by the majority of members present at the monthly meeting at which the new rules are proposed.
4) Members must be paid up members of FID or NCMD and must hold a current Insurance Card from either of these organizations before taking part in any club activities.
5) Membership for the year starts on the 1st of January. Applications for membership renewal, will only be taken during December or January. Application for club membership from prospective members will be accepted during December or January, or February up to, or at, the February club meeting.
6) Yearly club subscription shall be £10.00
7) Members must abide by the Site Rules and the Country Code as specified in the booklet supplied to all members.
8) To retain membership, members must attend a minimum of four monthly meetings during the year and sign the signing-in-sheet for that attendance. Any member who does not attend at least four meeting, or provide a reason, acceptable to the committee, for not doing so, will be removed from the club members list at the following January and will no longer be considered a member of the club. Rule 8 does not apply to honorary members.
9) Anyone breaking the Club Rules is liable to be expelled from the club after investigation by the committee.
10) Anyone who has been refused membership, or been expelled from the club, will not be reconsidered for membership.
11) Anyone who allows their FID or NCMD membership to lapse will not be allowed on club digs until that membership is renewed
12) Membership shall be by referral from an existing member and must be proposed and seconded by other existing members.
13) No guests are permitted on club site digs.
14) In order to allow children to be introduced to the hobby of metal detecting there shall be a free junior club membership provided the child is a full member of FID or NCMD. and is related to a full club member.
15) Junior members are permitted on site digs if, and only if, accompanied by an adult member. The adult member shall be responsible for the activities of that junior member while on the site dig.
16) A fee of £4.00 shall be paid, by each member, for each attendance at a site dig. This dig attendance payment will be assigned to the Charity Organization(s) designated by the clubs committee for the current year.
17) Committee members shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting or the January monthly meeting
18) Any member who receives a request to the club to search for lost items must inform a member of the committee before assisting in the search.
19) The club finances and yearly balance must be audited at least once a year by two committee members (with the treasurer being present), and the findings recorded, in writing, as part of the club records.
20).The committee shall arrange and maintain a suitable public liability club insurance which shall cover all club members, guests, and third parties at all meetings, events and digs organized by the club, for eventualities that are not covered by the FID/NCMD insurance held by individual members.
21). All members shall be issued with a membership card, The membership card will remain the property of the club. The membership card details shall include the name, photo and membership number of the member, and an indication of the year for which the card is valid.
22) Membership shall be limited to an area 20 miles radius of Waterlooville centre, excluding the Isle of Wight and the area to the west of Southampton Water.
23) At any meeting or event organized by the club, all members must sign the club attendance list provided, and, at the RNA Club, all members and guests must sign the RNA signing-in book.
The club has a code of conduct to be observed when detecting ( the Site Rules ), as well as a the need to adhere to the Country Code.
West Sussex area then contact the club.